Tuesday 21 May 2013

My chocolate, almond and coconut muesli

This is what it looks like before it is mixed


This muesli goes perfectly with yoghurt  or just with ice cold milk. There are choices of things you could put in muesli but this is my simple recipe. I've given the recipe as proportions so you can make as much or as little as you like.

Ingredients

60%-80% of the volume of the container of bran flakes and rolled oats

30% sliced almonds and desiccated coconut

10%-20%  sultanas

5%-10% chopped chocolate

Preparation 

Place the bran flakes and oats into a air tight container. Crush the bran flakes a little. Then add the nuts and the sultanas. Finally, top with the chopped chocolate. Shake until fully combined, then serve in a small bowl with yoghurt or ice cold milk.

(I told you it was simple!)

4 comments:

  1. Brilliant. I'd like to get rid of the squashed flies and double the chocolate. But I guess that wouldn't be so healthy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can confirm, having tested the muesli for breakfast this morning, that it is absolutely delicious! Lucky me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great recipe Rosie, and I see you have put your name on the container too. Always best to make sure everyone knows who it belongs to when it sounds that good.

    ReplyDelete