Sunday 12 April 2015

A review of - Amy's Baking Year by Amy-Beth Ellice

I have recently borrowed books from the local library, and one of them is Amy's Baking Year by Amy-Beth Ellice - who is currently the youngest person to write a cookery book in Britain. It is available on Amazon here : http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1782199977/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1428862079&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SY200_QL40&keywords=amy%27s+baking+year&dpPl=1&dpID=51I7XoU9oFL&ref=plSrch

The recipes in the book are seasonal and it is organised into special occasions or events. The first section is Spring and it includes a chapter about Mothers' Day, and one about Easter.

In the first chapter, there are some lovely recipes, but one that particularly caught my eye was the French Macaroons. She makes lemon and rose flavoured ones.
I love the way that the recipes are written. They have been put in simple sentences saying exactly what you need it to say. The pictures in this book are wonderful, and have been taken at lots of different and interesting angles. I also love the fact that she has put an 'Amy's Tip' in a small colourful box in the corners of some of the pages.
At the beginning of each chapter, there is a beautifully set out page, showing exactly what the chapter includes, and there is a grid of lovely pictures on the opposite page.

It is astonishing and inspiring that she has written an entire cook book, aged just sixteen years old. I hope to follow in her footsteps, as she has inspired me very much.
I congratulate her on writing such an amazingly well written, wonderful book.
I would highly recommend this to anyone that loves baking, as I do, because it is the perfect book for all who love to get in the kitchen and create a masterpiece.

Many thanks for reading,
Rosie

No comments:

Post a Comment